Hi, I’m Jai Minton an Information and Cyber Security Professional involved in both “offensive” (e.g. Penetration Testing) and “defensive” (e.g. Incident Response) security operations. My passion for information technology and security extends beyond my employment, and as such there’s a few reasons that this blog exists, in short I wanted:
- A place to consolidate and publish some ‘Capture The Flag’ achievements and my thought process which lead to these achievements.
- A place to publish some of my public research, thoughts, and learning outcomes to help others improve themselves and their processes relating to information and cyber security.
- To lower the barrier of entry for upcoming security professionals who are interested in breaking into the field but don’t know how.
All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own, and may not be representative of my employer, or any other entity unless I am specifically quoting someone.
There are many security tools, products, and services on the market today and I utilise many on a daily basis. Any mention of a particular tool, product, or service is on my own accord and is no way sponsored unless otherwise stated.
Can I contact you?
Should you need to contact me you can always do so on:
- Email: mintsec [at] outlook [dot] com
If you want to encrypt your email and send it to me, my PGP fingerprint is D9F1 397D 13A2 6192 9B01 C9C0 33A1 B659 55ED 33BF, or for those who just need the PGP Public Key
Can I share your work?
Absolutely, provided you give attribution. Consider the work here licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Web Browser (e.g. Firefox)
- Anonymised IP (The last octet is changed to 0)
- Operating System (e.g. Windows, iOS)
- Network Domain (e.g. Telstra)
- Country (Enumerated through anonymised IP)
- Screen Resolution
- Mobile Device Information (e.g. Microsoft Windows RT Tablet)
- Referrer (e.g. LinkedIN, Reddit)
Because this is a Google service it sends information to their servers and they have their own privacy policies, information handling processes and conditions. More information can be found below.
If you do not wish for this information to be sent or received, I fully respect that and you are free to block googletagmanager.com on this website in addition to any other resources, but please note it may affect certain elements of the website. I’d recommend using a browser extension such as: Ublock Origin or UMatrix to do this; however, Google also offer their own Google Analytics ‘Opt-out Browser Add-on’ if you’d just like to block analytics scripts.